Admission requirements for the FAK specialist academy
Admission to the first year of the FAK requires
- a certificate of general matriculation for a German university or applied sciences university
- or an intermediate school-leaving certificate plus a graduation certificate from a BFS vocational
training school for foreign languages
- all applicants to take an entrance examination
Admission to the second year of the FAK
- is possible for graduates of a BFS, and other applicants with appropriate previous knowledge upon passing
an entrance examination
- requires all applicants to take an examination to demonstrate an adequate knowledge of their chosen minor
foreign language, unless they have passed the final examination at a BFS vocational traing school for
foreign languages or can demonstrate an adequate knowledge of it by presentation of an appropriate
German Abitur (advanced school-leaving) certificate
Evidence of proficiency in German
Applicants whose native language is not German must produce a certificate documenting their proficiency in German.
The following examination certificates are accepted:
- The Goethe Institute’s C1 certificate, grade 2 or better; the Goethe Institute’s C2 certificate (any grade); the Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung (the Goethe Intitute’s central advanced language test, or ZOP) certificate (any grade).
- Die DHS (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang, or university entrance German language examinaton) C1 certificate, level DSH 2 or higher.
The DSH examination is also the final examination for students completing the C1 ‛Qualifizierungsstufe II′ from the ‛Deutschkurse für Ausländer′ courses available at Adelheidstrasse 13b, 80798 Munich.
- The DSPC (Deutsche Sprachprüfung II) C1-C2 examination certificate offered by the ‛Sprachen und Dolmetscher Institut′ (SDI) at Baierbrunner Strasse 28, 81379 Munich.
- The successful completion of a pre-university ‛Studienkolleg′ course.
- The B2-C1 TestDaF (test of German as a foreign language) in the Four Skills, from Level 4 upwards, may be taken outside Germany or at a testing centre in Germany. Details are available from TANDEM München e.V., Internationale Sprachschule, Kurfürstenplatz 5, 80796 Munich.
- Any applicant providing certification other than as listed above should ask the issuing body to confirm what level their certificate equates to within the Common European Framework of Reference.
Für die Anerkennung ausländischer Schulabschlüsse ist die Zeugnisanerkennungsstelle für den Freistaat Bayern, Pündterplatz 5, 80803 München, Tel. 089/383849-0 zuständig.